Each year, bloggers across the globe join together to take part in a 31-day challenge called Blogtober. Blogtober is a month-long blogging challenge that takes place throughout the month of October. The goal is to post a new blog post every single day for the entire month. This can be a great way to improve your blogging skills, grow your audience, and get more involved in the blogging community.
If you’re new to blogging, the Blogtober challenge is a great way to get started. It can help you develop a regular blogging habit and learn how to create and publish high-quality content. And even if you’re a seasoned blogger, Blogtober can be a fun way to challenge yourself and try new things.
Here are some tips for participating in Blogtober:
- Choose a topic that you’re passionate about. This will make it easier to come up with new ideas for blog posts.
- Plan your posts ahead of time. This will help you stay on track and avoid writer’s block.
- Promote your blog posts on social media. This will help you reach a wider audience.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are many blogging communities and resources available to help you succeed.
- Blogtober can be a lot of fun, and it’s a great way to improve your blogging skills.
- Set realistic expectations. Don’t try to write too much too soon, or you’ll burn out.
No matter what you choose to write about, make sure your blog posts are well-written, informative, and engaging. And most importantly, have fun!
Who is Blogtober for?
Blogtober is a challenge where bloggers write a post every day for the month of October. It is a great way to improve your writing skills, get more exposure for your blog, connect with other bloggers and stay motivated to write.
Anyone who has a blog can take part in Blogtober, regardless of their experience level or niche. However, it is especially beneficial for bloggers who are:
- New to blogging and want to get more exposure
- Looking to improve their writing skills
- Feeling stuck in a rut and need some motivation to write
- Want to connect with other bloggers in their niche
- Looking to add fresh new content
Blogtober can be a lot of work, but it can also be a lot of fun. If you’re looking for a challenge to help you improve your blogging skills and connect with other bloggers, then Blogtober is for you.
What is Blogtober?
Put simply, Blogtober is an annual event when a lot of bloggers publish new blog posts to their sites every day throughout the month of October. If it is your first time taking part then a post a day may seem a little daunting so you could aim for a post a week or two posts a week, update old blog posts or just aim to publish more.
There are no official rules, you don’t have to sign up anywhere to do it and nobody will criticise or judge if you don’t do one every day. The whole point is to have fun and publish more than you would normally.
Where can you find inspiration for Blogtober?
If you are already part of a community of bloggers then they will be a great source of support and inspiration for Blogtober, you can search online for ‘Blogtober’ and I am part of a Facebook group of fellow bloggers who share ideas and advice.
Here are my tips on where you can gain inspiration for your Blogtober content calendar:
- Your own life experiences. What are you passionate about? What are you going through right now? These are all great sources of inspiration for blog posts.
- Your interests. What do you like to read, watch, listen to, or do? There are endless possibilities for blog posts about your interests.
- Current events. What’s happening in the world around you? You can write about your thoughts and opinions on current events, or you can share interesting facts and stories.
- Other bloggers. Read other blogs in your niche and see what topics they’re writing about. You can get inspiration from their ideas, or you can collaborate with them on a post.
- Social media. Use social media to follow hashtags related to your niche, or to connect with other bloggers. You can find inspiration in the posts that people are sharing.
- Your imagination. Don’t be afraid to let your imagination run wild! Sometimes the best ideas come from the most unexpected places.
The most important thing is to find inspiration that speaks to you and that you’re excited to write about. When you’re passionate about your topic, it will show in your writing.
Here are some additional tips for finding inspiration for Blogtober:
- Keep a running list of ideas. When you come up with an idea for a blog post, jot it down in a notebook or on your phone. This way, you’ll have a collection of ideas to draw from when you’re feeling stuck.
- Set aside time for brainstorming. Once a week, set aside some time to brainstorm ideas for blog posts. This could be a few minutes or a few hours, depending on your schedule.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment with different topics. The more you write, the more ideas you’ll have.
- Have fun! Blogtober is a great opportunity to express yourself and share your thoughts with the world. So relax, have fun, and enjoy the process.
When is Blogtober?
Blogotber takes place every day of October and it is a great time of year to add some new and different content to your blog site.
Why should I do Blogtober?
Participating in Blogtober can be a rewarding experience for bloggers and content creators, but it may not be the right fit for everyone. Whether you should do Blogtober depends on your goals, interests, and capacity for consistent content creation. Here are some reasons why you might consider participating in Blogtober:
- Content Creation Challenge: Blogtober is a challenge that encourages you to create and publish a new blog post every day throughout the month of October. If you’re looking to push your creative boundaries and improve your writing skills, it can be a great way to challenge yourself.
- Increased Traffic: Regularly publishing fresh content can boost your website’s traffic. The more content you have, the more opportunities you have to attract new readers and retain existing ones. Blogtober can provide a significant traffic boost if done effectively.
- SEO Benefits: Consistent blogging can help improve your website’s search engine optimization (SEO). Search engines like Google tend to favor websites that regularly update their content. Blogtober can help you build a library of content that ranks well in search results.
- Engagement and Interaction: Frequent posting can lead to increased engagement with your audience. Your readers may be more inclined to comment, share, and interact with your content when they see new posts regularly.
- Community and Networking: Blogtober is a popular event in the blogging community. It provides an opportunity to connect with other bloggers, participate in collaborative events, and share your experiences with a wider audience.
- Content Calendar: Blogtober forces you to plan and create content in advance. This can help you establish a content calendar and develop good content planning habits that can benefit your blog throughout the year.
- Monetization Opportunities: If you monetize your blog through ads, affiliate marketing, or sponsored content, Blogtober can help you increase your earnings by driving more traffic to your site.
However, it’s essential to consider the potential challenges and whether Blogtober aligns with your blogging goals and personal circumstances:
- Consistency: Producing daily content can be overwhelming and may lead to burnout if you don’t have a solid plan in place.
- Quality vs. Quantity: The pressure to create daily content may compromise the quality of your posts. It’s crucial to strike a balance between quantity and quality.
- Time and Resources: Blogging daily requires a significant time commitment. Ensure you have the resources and availability to maintain this schedule.
- Audience Engagement: While increased posting can boost engagement, it may also overwhelm your audience. Be mindful of how your readers respond to daily posts.
- Content Ideas: Generating fresh ideas for daily posts can be challenging. Planning your content in advance is crucial to ensure you don’t run out of topics.
Ultimately, whether you should do Blogtober or not depends on your blogging goals, your ability to manage the increased workload, and your passion for creating content. If you’re up for the challenge and can maintain quality, it can be a great way to grow your blog and engage with your audience. However, if it feels too demanding or doesn’t align with your objectives, it’s perfectly fine not to take part.
How do I take part in Blogtober?
Here are 31 great ideas for Blogtober posts you can write:
- Your favourite local coffee shops for International Coffee Day on the 1st
- Your favourite vegetarian recipe for World Vegetarian Day on the 1st
- A review of a local farm for World Farm Animal Day on the 2nd
- Tips for getting a pet for World Animal Day on the 4th
- Tips for empowering girls for International Day of the Girl Child on the 11th
- A roundup of local farm shops for National Farmers Day on the 12th
- Your favourite spreadsheet templates for Spreadsheet Day on the 17th
- A roundup of local gins for Gin & Tonic Day on the 19th
- How to celebrate Harvest Festival as a family
- Favourite Halloween memories
- Your top tips for planning a Halloween party
- A review of your favourite scary movies or TV shows
- A roundup of the best Halloween recipes
- A list of your favourite Halloween traditions
- The history of Halloween
- Your relationship with Halloween
- A guide to finding the perfect Halloween costume
- A tutorial on how to make your own Halloween decorations
- A list of the best places to go trick-or-treating
- A blog post about the importance of diversity and inclusion in Halloween celebrations
- A roundup of local half-term events
- A review of BlogOn Kids
- A roundup of the BlogOn Kids Goody Bags
- A review of the last book you read (or listened to)
- The best places to go pumpkin picking near you
- Your absolute favourite autumn tradition
- Tips for taking care of your mental health for Mental Health Month
- Information on how to research your family tree for Family History Month
- Where you can shop fair trade locally for Fair Trade Month
- Your favourite pizza recipe for Pizza Month
- Advice for parents of a child with ADHD for ADHD Awareness Month
If you decide to take part in Blogtober this year, good luck, I’d love to read your posts so please do link to me in them especially if you’ve found this guide useful. Happy Blogtober!